Mausezahn is a **fast traffic generator** written in C which allows you
to send nearly every possible and impossible packet.
Mausezahn can be used:
- As traffic generator (e. g. to stress multicast networks)
- For penetration testing of firewalls and IDS
- For DoS attacks on networks (for audit purposes of course)
- To find bugs in network software or appliances
- For reconnaissance attacks using ping sweeps and port scans
- To test network behaviour under strange circumstances (stress test,
malformed packets, ...)
- As didactical tool during lab exercises
Mausezahn is basically a versatile packet creation tool on the command line
with a simple syntax and online help. It could also be used within (bash-)
scripts to perform combination of tests.
Maintained by: Heinz Wiesinger
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)