The overall goal of this project is to provide remote control service on Linux
through Bluetooth, InfraRed, Wi-Fi or TCP/IP connection.
anyRemote supports wide range of modern cell phones line Nokia, SonyEricsson,
Motorola and others.
anyRemote was developed as a thin "communication" layer between Buetooth
(IR, Wi-Fi)-capabled phone and Linux, and in principle could be configured
to manage almost any software.
anyRemote could be used with:
* bluetooth connection with java client if cell phone is JSR82 compatible
* Wi-Fi connection with java client if phone supports Wi-Fi
* IR connection with java client if java in phone supports access to IR port
* TCP/IP connection with java client, if PC is connectable from internet
* bluetooth, infrared or cable connection using AT "modem" commands
* web interface
* it supports some of IR remotes supplied with TV tuner cards (like LIRC)
* it has limited support for Bemused clients
Maintained by: otzy_007
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)